[Samba] RE : RE : RE : RE : Domain not found in Samba 4 AD

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Mon May 10 10:18:55 MDT 2010

2010/5/10 Viatte Frédéric <Frederic.Viatte at rpn.ch>:
> I have not looked in YAST, I'll try to do tomorrow.
>
> Yes the nslookup works on the Windows XP machine is for his that I find it strange that its not working, I even tried with Windows 7, but the error is the same!

Just to confirm, nslookup works on the XP machine when looking up the
SRV records?

Maybe if you copy and paste the commands and results there will be
less confusion :)

> wireshark is a network analyzer, if yes I already tried but without success ..: S

Yes, wireshark is a network analyzer.  If you run it on the Windows
box when you try to add the user, wireshark should be able to tell you
that the Windows machine did a DNS query (for example) and that the
DNS query worked (or failed) and then maybe the Windows machine will
try to talk to the samba machine on port 445, and you will be able to
see if that worked or failed etc.

I don't know exactly what network traffic there should be because I
have not tried running wireshark while adding a user, but I think if
you do it, wireshark might be able to tell you what is going wrong.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>