[Samba] Problem with git

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Mon May 10 01:53:35 MDT 2010

On 10 May 2010 06:44, Dave Wynne <dave at artimech.com.au> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up Samba 4 on a test machine, Ubuntu 10.04 32bit server. And when I try git clone or git fetch, the download gets to somewhere between 5% and 50% and stops. What am I doing wrong?
>
> P.S. I'm running the Ubuntu as a virtual machine in VirtualBox on an XP host.

Maybe you're having network issues.

Try a shallow clone so you don't need to fetch as much data.  i.e.
something like this:

$ git clone --depth 1 git://git.samba.org/samba.git samba-master

I haven't used the --depth option before, but I think that's how it works.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>