[Samba] smbd will not start

Olaf Reitmaier Veracierta olafrv at gmail.com
Sun May 9 21:47:44 MDT 2010

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem of bill as described in:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2010-April/154975.html

But in my case I have the same version of samba and libs:

# dpkg -l | egrep "samba|libwb"

ii  libcrypt-smbhash-perl                0.12-2
generate LM/NT hash of a password for samba
ii  libwbclient0                         2:3.2.5-4lenny9
client library for interfacing with winbind service
ii  samba                                2:3.2.5-4lenny9            a
LanManager-like file and printer server for Unix
ii  samba-common                         2:3.2.5-4lenny9
Samba common files used by both the server and the client

Any idea?

   "You don't know where your shadow will fall",
        Somebody.-
 Ing. Olaf Reitmaier Veracierta <olafrv at gmail.com>
 Personal Web Page -- http://olafrv.com -- info at olafrv.com