[Samba] Failed login with some of the accounts

Shu Hung (Koala) koalay at gmail.com
Sat May 8 04:22:57 MDT 2010

Hello all,

My Samba server has undergone a series of migration. And recently, I found
that the newer accounts fails to login to older computers in the network.
All PCs in my network runs Window XP. And I'm running Samba 3.4.7 here as
PDC.

When I login with a new account called "guest2", the computer says the
password of my login is incorrect. But the password is correct. And I cannot
find any clues, in the log, related to password.

The only error I found is this:
*smbd/error.c:60(error_packet_set)
  error packet at smbd/trans2.c(3804) cmd=50 (SMBtrans2)
NT_STATUS_INVALID_LEVEL*

Which I cannot find any useful reference on Google.

Here is the log of samba during my login:
http://docs.google.com/View?id=dctqhn37_219c7727jdp

What is my problem? What should I check?

Thanks,
Koala Yeung