[Samba] 3.5.2 connecting to nmb alias without password

christoph.beyer at desy.de christoph.beyer at desy.de
Fri May 7 07:22:49 MDT 2010

Hi there,

I use 3.5.2 with netbios aliases in security mode ADS. When I connect to
the primary netbios name from a windows host I get the samba machine right
away.

Connecting to the netbios alias (which is on a differen IP address) I have
to type name and pwd to get the connection.

DNS entries are OK.

Is there any way to get rid of the pwd question, I had the same setup with
3.0.20 for a long time without problems but in the meantime also the AD
was upgraded so I don't know who is really bothering me here ...

cheers & thanksfor any hint
 	~christoph

--
/*   Christoph Beyer     |   Office: Building 2b / 23     *\
  *   DESY                |    Phone: 040-8998-2317        *