[Samba] Release Version Symbols

Fri May 7 00:13:40 MDT 2010

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 10:29:42PM -0700, Nagaraj Shyam wrote:
> I might get fried for posting this question, since it would have been
> asked before (too little time for me to search the archives).  How can I
> obtain debug symbols for winbindd (or any smbd or nmbd binary?).
> Specifically I am looking for version 3.2.11-0.1.145.

That depends upon where you got that version from. If it's a
distro RPM for example, there should be a .debuginfo RPM
next to the binary RPMs. 3.2.11-0.1.145 looks like a very
specific distro RPM.

If you compiled it yourself, you should for example

CFLAGS=-g make

and not use the command strip while installing the binaries.

Hope that helps,

Volker