[Samba] Printer Admin Difficulties

christoph.beyer at desy.de christoph.beyer at desy.de
Thu May 6 13:08:23 MDT 2010

Hi Jeff,

I fiddled around for a while with this too ;)

Looks broken to me, anyway I did put it like this and it  worked for me
then:

in smb.conf:

username map = /opt/samba/smbusers.map
admin users = root

[print$]
         path = /opt/samba/samba_drivers
         write list = root

uid at host:~$ cat /opt/samba/smbusers.map
!root = <my win uid>
!root = <WIN DOMAIN\uid>

This worked for me only with the root account while in earlier versions I
used the same mechanism with the uid lp and it worked fine ...

good luck

christoph