[Samba] Is this possible?

Rob7704 robruscoe at btinternet.com
Wed May 5 12:17:03 MDT 2010

Thanks for the suggestion, it works to a point.

Background information, I'm using CentOS 5.2, running samba, the client
machines are XP Pro.

My script for turning off Share2 is as follows

copy the alternative smb.conf
do service smb reload
then smbcontrol smbd close-share Share2

smbstatus shows only one share running so far so good.

Checking a client PC shows it has been disconnected, but it then reconnects
to Share2 when it's not there??? How is this possible?? A bug in Samba, or a
quirk with XP? I'm really confused.

Thanks

Rob