[Samba] please wait for the user profile service...

Damien Dye damien.j.dye at googlemail.com
Thu May 6 05:16:00 MDT 2010

humm

do those folders exist ?

I would do the profiles diffrently because this methord is prone to problems

defining the path as follows should resolve as long as the user has
full control on there own folders.

 [profiles]
  comment = Users profiles
  path = /home/samba/profiles/%U
  browseable = no

this will create the two folders you described below and should work.

after that the windows XP hosts will work.
windows vista / 7 clients will need the profile registry keys removing
before this works.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
make sure you don't remove local user profiles.

Regards
--
Damien Dye BSC(hon)