[Samba] disconnecting user from only one share

raveenpl raveenpl at gmail.com
Wed May 5 08:15:22 MDT 2010

Thanks for answer.

I've tested your proposition and I noticed that my user's windows station
after disconnecting is automatically reconnected to the share. Below you can
find output from smbstatus command:

After close-share message (everything is OK - user is disconnected from
share sh2)

Samba version 3.5.2
PID     Username      Group         Machine

Service      pid     machine       Connected at
IPC$         11005   domb-kfwdbzh4lc  Wed May  5 15:53:31 2010
sh1          11005   domb-kfwdbzh4lc  Wed May  5 15:14:10 2010

But after 1-2 second user is again connected to the share:

Samba version 3.5.2
PID     Username      Group         Machine

Service      pid     machine       Connected at
IPC$         11005   domb-kfwdbzh4lc  Wed May  5 15:53:31 2010
sh1          11005   domb-kfwdbzh4lc  Wed May  5 15:14:10 2010
sh2          11005   domb-kfwdbzh4lc  Wed May  5 16:04:35 2010

Is there any way to resolve this issue? Maybe it is possible to exclude
share from samba configuration?