[Samba] 2 domains, 2 password servers and one Samba installation

Matthias Kellermann matthias.kellermann at googlemail.com
Wed May 5 05:03:42 MDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm having some trouble with my Samba installation on a SLES 11 server
(Samba 3.2.7).

I have some shares and the following global configuration:

[global]
       server string = %h
       netbios name = %h
       map to guest = Bad User
       log level = 2
       dead time = 15
       getwd cache = yes
       password server = dc1, dc2
       ldap ssl = no
       security = server

All users are also local system users.

dc1 is the domain controller of DOMAIN1, dc2 the domain controller of DOMAIN2.

Now I want to ask dc1 if there is a user from DOMAIN1 and dc2 if the
user comes from DOMAIN2.

If tried it with a user mapping file without success.

Do you know how this can be accomplished with Samba? Do I have to join
the domain or is there some other way?

Thanks and best regards
Matthias