[Samba] Long Delay on Fresh Windows 7 Clients

David Holder david.holder at erion.co.uk
Tue May 4 02:27:41 MDT 2010

Hi!

Jeremy is correct. Disabling IPv6 on Windows 7 is a very bad idea (since
the stack is an IPv6 dual stack and some features require IPv6). The
problem is most likely to be name resolution.

Your could test connectivity using literal IPv6 address on Windows 7
rather than a name, thereby avoiding name resolution.

Best Regards,
David
Dr David Holder CEng FIET MIEEE

Erion Ltd, Oakleigh, Upper Sutherland Road, Halifax, HX3 8NT

Reception: +44 (0)1422 207000

Direct Dial: +44 (0)131 2026317

Cell: +44 (0) 7768 456831

Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 3521142
VAT Number: GB 698 3633 78