[Samba] Long Delay on Fresh Windows 7 Clients

David Holder david.holder at erion.co.uk
Tue May 4 02:33:06 MDT 2010

Kevin,

> share by typing its static IP address: \\192.168.0.13\sharename.
With this form of the connection UNC Windows will only ever use IPv4,
IPv6 will not be involved.

Regards,
David
Dr David Holder CEng FIET MIEEE

Erion Ltd, Oakleigh, Upper Sutherland Road, Halifax, HX3 8NT

Reception: +44 (0)1422 207000

Direct Dial: +44 (0)131 2026317

Cell: +44 (0) 7768 456831

Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 3521142
VAT Number: GB 698 3633 78