[Samba] samba4 make error - drsblobs.so

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Mon May 3 10:12:18 MDT 2010

Forgot to copy the list.

On 2 May 2010 21:15, Ryan Montgomery <murdock304 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello - make fails to build the latest git of samba4 - erroring on drsblobs.so. Below is a full log from autogen.sh to the make. Would you have any suggestions on proceeding?

Try the waf build.  It works for me and I believe most of the Samba4
developers are using that now.  It will probably become the official
method soon.

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Waf

i.e. I did something like:

$ cd /path/to/samba
$ git pull
$ export PATH=`pwd`/buildtools/bin:$PATH
$ cd source4
$ waf configure --prefix=... --enable-developer
$ waf
$ sudo -i
# cd /path/to/samba
# export PATH=`pwd`/buildtools/bin:$PATH
# cd source4
# waf install

That's off the top of my head, but I think it's right.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>