[Samba] XP clients regularly lost mapped samba share. samba 3.5

live.fx live.fx.mail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:33:24 MDT 2010

Hi, Helmut

>> How do they lose the connection?
I am working in a (very small) LAN with a Samba 3.4.x server, a Windows-
2000 client and a Windows XP-Home client.

They just can not use "P" drive after some time.
1. User simple mount network share as permanent drive named "P". All ok.
2. Some time later,in the morning, user come and starting the job and see
disconnected drive "P".
3. I very confused, because i have 2 Win XP Professional clients, who never
lost mapped disks. Second thing = They never had same problems with 2003 (as
they say)

My primary questions:

This looks like stupid question, and i know that. What samba parameters
affect the connecting clients time ? May be samba has some default "dropping
dead connections" timers and think what client is "dead" ?

Thanks for all opinions..