[Samba] Samba PDC with group using same desktop

M. D. lists at turnkey.bz
Tue Mar 30 07:54:26 MDT 2010

My goal is to have a business with multiple locations, all have the same
desktop for a certain user group. The quick Launch programs, Start Menu
and Desktop icons should all be the same, and be 'read only' -- meaning
they can't change them.

I'm using ClearOS for the PDC, and I have it working already as the PDC,
but I'm not quite sure how to setup the remote profiles and lock it so
end users cannot modify it, and how to have some users be able to log
into that profile and do the changes that are needed.

This is my first time working with a domain controller, so probably
that's my shortcoming.  I don't know exactly how/what a domain
controller can do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
MD