[Samba] PDC migration from suse 8.2 - samba 2.2.7 ldap - to latest versions on ubuntu 8.04

Vladimir Psenicka vladimir.psenicka at prodeco.cz
Sat Mar 27 10:31:43 MDT 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:32:50 +0100, GG <jojomi at gmail.com> wrote:
> wow I made it!
>
> I copied net and all the libs it complained about from another suse
> server which was not missing it :-)
>
> [2010/03/26 15:07:37, 0] param/loadparm.c:map_parameter(2435)
>   Unknown parameter encountered: "domain admin group"
> [2010/03/26 15:07:37, 0] param/loadparm.c:lp_do_parameter(3125)
>   Ignoring unknown parameter "domain admin group"
> SID for domain ThisIsLikeTheHostNameOrMaybeAtestDomain???
>  is: S-1-5-21-1bla bla
> SID for domain THISISMYDOMAIN is: S-1-5-other-bla bla
>
> Which shall I import?

Import both for sure:-). First is localsid, second is domainsid

> So now back to mail number 2 :-)
>
> LDAP: I exported ldif :-) now
> I copied /etc/groups passwd shadow aliases
>
> now on the new server:
>
> how do I import LDAP and all its configs,
> samba and all its configs are only in smb.conf?

Import only data to LDAP no configs (slapcat->slapadd)
Configs yes, live data no, but if you have ldap it *should* be enough to
import ldif from old server, configure samba to use ldap and run smbpasswd
-W to store ldap admin dn pass to secrets.tdb. After that you can test if
samba see imported users in ldap (pdbedit -L).

> :-)
> Giorgio
>

> On 3/26/10, Vladimir Psenicka <vladimir.psenicka at prodeco.cz> wrote:
>> Paste ldap admin dn or ldap suffix in your smb.conf
>>
>> Dne 26.3.2010 15:24, Vladimir Psenicka napsal(a):
>> > try this:
>> >
>> > ldapsearch -x -h localhost -D "cn=Manager,dc=WORKGROUP,dc=it" -W -b

samba-client-2.2.12-1.rpm

type="text/javascript"
src="https://mail.prodeco.cz/roundcube/program/js/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/langs/cs.js?s=1240817786"></script>:
> [...]
virtualizations