[Samba] Questions on Samba and LDAP failover

Gary Peck peckgary at isu.edu
Thu Mar 25 09:00:38 MDT 2010

After trying multiple options in the smb.conf file the only way I could
get fail over to work was having two ldap servers setup in a multimaster
replication and having a DNS entry setup that round robins between the
two.  Everything seems to work,  I can bring down one ldap server and
samba will still authenticate and let users in.  Anybody know of any
issues doing it this way?

Thanks,

Gary