[Samba] smbstatus shows no hostnames (3.5.1)

christoph.beyer at desy.de christoph.beyer at desy.de
Wed Mar 24 07:51:50 MDT 2010

Hi Volker,

while debugging I observed something 'new' the name resolution works fine
on the samba server as long as I browse the server 'directly' on the
windows host (\\printserver)

It is not working when I look into a printerqueue etc on the windows host,
this goes along whith what I see in my working environment, a couple of
hostnames get resolved but very few.

So you can find to debug logfiles here, one with working name resolution
and one without working name resolution:

https://www.desy.de/~chbeyer/public/smbd_log_d10_working.tar

https://www.desy.de/~chbeyer/public/smbd_log_d10.tar

Thansk for the support !

cheers
christoph

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:16:27PM +0100, christoph.beyer at desy.de wrote:
>> oc course I have I even did put thte one in question in '/etc/hosts' but
>> with no result :(
>
> Please send a debug level 10 log of smbd when such a client
> connects.
>
> Volker

best regards
 	~christoph

--
/*   Christoph Beyer     |   Office: Building 2b / 23     *\
  *   DESY                |    Phone: 040-8998-2317        *