[Samba] Samba / Lucid / Windows 7 problem

Torkil Svensgaard torkil at drcmr.dk
Tue Mar 23 03:37:09 MDT 2010

No, I'm not sure, but given that Windows XP machines can join with no
problems (and thus smdldap-useradd is working, in this case), at the
very least Windows 7 is doing something differently.

The Windows 7 machine actually does end up on the LDAP server, as
subsequent attempts to join complain about "The specified account
already exists". In this case there are no errors from smbldap-useradd
in the log.

Thanks,

Torkil