[Samba] printer device settings not saved for normal domain users on ubuntu 9.10

Ming Yan myan at judcom.nsw.gov.au
Wed Mar 17 22:05:57 MDT 2010

Hi,

We recently upgraded our print server from ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 and the
print server does not work properly.

We are running samba 3.4.0 as PDC, file server and print server with
open ldap. The problem that the default printer settings like duplex
unit and memory size are not applied to the normal users with read
permission. I login as an administrator from a windows client machine
and set the device settings and default printing preferences. Then I
login as a normal domain user, the device settings remains  unchanged
and all grey out. As I am a normal user with read permission set up, I
can not change the printer settings. But these settings are meant to be
set properly when I login last time. Then I login as administrator again
and I can see these device settings are properly set and saved. It used
to work in ubuntu 9.04 but I do not know what I can do to fix this
issue. Anyone has experienced the same or similar issue? How did you fix
it?? Thanks.

Ming

--
| Judicial Commission of NSW | Ph: +61 2 9299 4421 | Fax: +61 2 9290 3194 |

This Message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and not necessarily the views of the Judicial Commission of NSW.