[Samba] Samba refresh problem

Rok Kosir rok.kosir at cosylab.com
Fri Mar 19 07:56:12 MDT 2010

Hello,

we are experiencing some problems when accessing linux samba server(SUSE 11.1 with samba 3.2.7) via Windows XP clients.
Content of the shared folder is regularly updated via CVS, after such updates windows clients do not see new data on the server. Refreshing via F5 does not help with the update, only solution is to unmount and remount samba share which can get annoying if you have to do this on several machines every week.

Are there any solutions or known problems about this issue?

I have tried setting "strict sync" and "sync always" to yes but this did not yield any success.

Any comment and help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rok