[Samba] Windows 7 Issues

Edson Tadeu Almeida da Silveira edson.tadeu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:42:08 MDT 2010

Hi!

Now i could join in a samba domain with windows7. I did the follow changes
in my Win7:

0 - I had to upgrade my samba server to version 3.4.7

1- I did this changes in the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters]
"DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001
"DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"Update"="no"
"DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000000
"MaximumPasswordAge"=dword:0000001e
"RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000001
"RequireStrongKey"=dword:00000001
"SealSecureChannel"=dword:00000001
"SignSecureChannel"=dword:00000001

2 - I changed this network adapter configurations:
2.a  - Wins server should be the samba server address.
2.b  - Primary DNS server should be the samba server address.
3.c  - Configure the primary DNS Suffix with the same samba server address.

This worked for me. thanks all.