[Samba] Samba4 join existing domain

Andreas Jacobi andreasjacobi85 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 05:05:46 MDT 2010

Hello,

I get this error message when i try to join my Samba4 server to an existing
domain:

"""
>./net vampire domain.local -Uadmin --realm=domain.local
Password for [WORKGROUP\admin]:
Become DC [(null)] of Domain[DOMAIN]/[domain.local]
Promotion Partner is Server[dc1.domain.local] from
Site[Default-First-Site-Name]
            schema object_version[30]
            domain behavior_version[2]
            domain w2k3_update_revision[8]
Failed to bind uuid "uuid-number" - NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
libnet_BecomeDC() failed - NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
Vampire of domain failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
return code = -1
"""

The primary DC is a Windows Server 2003 and it also acts as DNS server.

What could be the cause of this? Has it something to do with me using
Windows as DNS server?

Regards Andreas