[Samba] Samba Version required for Win7 Clients

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Wed Mar 17 03:22:43 MDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 06:28:38PM +0100, csirt wrote:
> Now i am confused about the different tribes 3.3x, 3.4x. 3.5x of samba.
> I could not find something about it on samba.org.
> Which one i should go for ? What are the major-differences between the
> three?

please see http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba3_Release_Planning for
more information on the current Samba release branches.

Major changes in can be found in the release notes of the first major
release of the branch,
e.g. http://samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.5.0.html.

Usually, using the latest stable release (now 3.5.1) is recommended.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Karolin

--