[Samba] Samba Mailing List Rules

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Tue Mar 16 17:29:21 MDT 2010

I just read the Samba list rules and did not see anything against
offering payment for expertise, so I'm letting the list know that I need
Samba help and am willing to pay normal consulting rates. If you are
interested, please respond by direct email.

We have a number of CentOS 5.2 and 5.3 servers that work quite well and
are AD-integrated using relative IDs to maintain UID/GID consistency
across multiple Linux  servers. We recently added some RHEL 5.3 servers
and they are giving us nothing but trouble. I can join them to the
domain just fine and I can do wbinfo -u or wbinfo -g and get a complete
list of domain users and groups. But when I try to chown a file and give
it AD domain permissions, I get "invalid group" no matter what I try. I
can open some shares on RHEL servers but not others, and I know for a
fact that the share and filesystem permissions are correct. Also, when I
do ls -l, the files do not show the AD domain group memberships like
they do on my CentOS servers.

Using samba 3.0.33.

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - March 16, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for samba at lists.samba.org. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.