[Samba] Trouble connecting to Samba 3.3.2 on Ubuntu from Win98

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Mar 15 15:56:59 MDT 2010

Michael Lueck wrote:
> Volker Lendecke wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 03:14:47PM -0400, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:

>>>  lanman auth = true
>>
>> That might be required.
>
> Tried, did not make a difference.
>
> I guess I will crank up the Samba logging level. (shrug)

As soon as I cranked the logging up to 10, Win98 connected in just great.

Suspicious I set logging back to 1, still logged in.

I commented out the "lanman auth = true" line and Win98 could not log in.

I put it back in, and Win98 again works.

(shrug) Problem solved with that one line after all. Thanks very much! :-)

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems