[Samba] Samba 3.5 slow. Help with benchmarks !

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Sun Mar 14 10:36:33 MDT 2010

> Can you show me, how yours SAMBA work in Gigabit LAN ? What speeds ?

I can't measure them right now but I can tell you that I have 2 networks
consisting of Samba Domain Controllers serving only Windows clients and
the network speeds are very high. One of the networks is dedicated to
Desktop Publishing and the InDesign pages coming from the Linux/Samba
server appear on the Windows clients' screens like a sudden explosion.
Very fast indeed.