[Samba] Samba 3.5 slow. Help with benchmarks !

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Sun Mar 14 10:27:02 MDT 2010

> I use "socket options" because 99% places in Internet recommends this, and
> no one say about "modern kernels" - really. You are first :)  And of course,
> this options not give me any visible effect.

The problem with the information on the Internet is that it persists,
even if it is no longer correct. So, when you look for information there
you have to watch *when* was this information produced and whether it
still applies. And no, I am not the first to say that. If you search
this mailing list's archives for "socket options" you will find this
warning countless times: "*Don't use socket options* unless you have a
very good reason for doing so".