[Samba] major upgrade to 3.5.1, major problem

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Fri Mar 12 10:03:43 MST 2010

I've removed the secondary lo address to eliminate that as part of the problem.

However, I'm now getting virtually immediate failures in both the:
nmblookup -B BIGSERVER __SAMBA__
(this resolves for about a second) and
nmblookup -M testgroup
(never resolves) tests. With or without the "interfaces" parameters.

When it fails a log level 1 of log.nmbd shows:
[2010/03/12 11:53:22.384326,  0] nmbd/asyncdns.c:155(start_async_dns)
  started asyncdns process 9143
as the last entry.

Whereas in my working test server there are no entries containing
"asyncdns". Google turns up some hits but I haven't found a solution
yet.

Chris