[Samba] Question on Samba and LDAP

Gary Peck peckgary at isu.edu
Thu Mar 11 13:21:26 MST 2010

Looks like LDAP fail over was removed for some reason in Samba 3.0.23.
Here is the warning message I get when I have multiple servers specified:

WARNING: Your 'passdb backend' configuration includes multiple
backends.  This
is deprecated since Samba 3.0.23.  Please check WHATSNEW.txt or the
section 'Passdb
Changes' from the ChangeNotes as part of the Samba HOWTO collection.
Only the first
backend (ldapsam:ldap://server1.sample.edu) is used.  The rest is ignored.

Anybody know why such a useful feature was removed?

Thanks,

Gary