[Samba] Your password expires today problem

Michael B. Trausch mike+gmane at trausch.us
Thu Mar 11 10:58:44 MST 2010

On 03/11/2010 02:04 AM, Richard Lamboj wrote:
> i got this Problem with Samba 3.4.6 and 3.5.1 and yes i know there is
> already a bug report.
>
> Your workaround doesn't work for me. Is there another solution?
>
> This don't work: pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C 4294967294
>
> I'am using LDAP. We have Upgraded from 3.2.14. The LDAP Schema Files
> don't have changed, or?

I was told on IRC not to use pdbedit for changing the password aging
information in Samba, but to instead use "net sam" to set policy.

You should be able to set the maximum password age using the following
command:

# net sam policy set "maximum password age" 4294967294

You can set the following policy attributes this way (this is output
from "net sam policy list"):

min password length
password history
user must logon to change password