[Samba] about samba user issue

严力 jamesyan84 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 22:55:33 MST 2010

hi:
        recently, i download the samba Version 3.6.0-GIT-9ddeac1-devel,use
cross complie and run on arm board.when set the share level = share,
it's ok,but when i set the share level = user, it will can not work .it
is my smb.conf as follow:

[global]
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
security = user
guest ok = yes
guest account = root
load printers = yes
cups options = raw
printcap name = /etc/printcap
printing = cups

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
writable = yes
printable = yes

[public]
comment = public
path = /data/datadisk/public
writeable = yes
printable = no
public = yes

[JyanShare]
path = /data/datadisk/JyanShare
;public = yes
valid users = jyan
printable = no
writeable = yes

the user 'jyan' is one system user, and i use the pdbedit add it become
one smbuser.but when access the share
directory /data/datadisk/JyanShare ,input the right user name and
password,however,it can not be accessed.i try many times,but always
failed.please help me analyse this issue,if you have good
suggestion,please email me.thank you very much!

                                                james