[Samba] Time stamps

Richard Hillis rich.hillis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 09:39:03 MST 2010

I am new to SAMBA and I have what I'm not even sure is an issue. I am
aware of the difference in time stamps between *nix and Windows. What I
don't understand is this: I used touch to modify the time stamps of a
large number of files on the file server from the server side to match
the time in the file name. They were video files from my Digital Video
Cam and the import program used the time stamp of the video as part of
the file name when importing. It was easy to do with a little command
line script, so I update all the time stamps to match. However, when I
look at the files from my Windows laptop, I noticed some of the time
stamps are off by one hour. I double checked the times on the server and
they are correct. I also noticed that the files that are off by and hour
appear to fall within daylight savings time. Is this a common problem
with SAMBA and Windows, or is there something I have configured incorrectly?
--
Richard Hillis
23 Walnut Knls