[Samba] Why isn't Samba honouring UNIX permissions? [NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED]

Nigel.Pain at scotland.gsi.gov.uk Nigel.Pain at scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Mon Mar 8 08:55:00 MST 2010

Classification: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

I recompiled and it now appears to be working. The things that were
different in the compile were:

The previous compile was done with ADS, Kerberos and LDAP whereas I
didn't add any switches this time (not using ADS security).
The person who compiled it last time did so as root. I'm not clear that
this would make a difference but then I'm a complete novice when it
comes to compiling software. I've previously just installed packages
from the SunFreeWare site.

Any thoughts?

Nigel Pain

This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s).  Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted.  If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

Communications with the Scottish Government may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.  The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Government.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.