[Samba] Using Samba NTLM authentication

Arkady arkadys at pineapp.com
Mon Mar 8 03:50:00 MST 2010

Hi,
I apologize for bothering you but I don't really understand what should
I do when  my proxy  get this one

*:* C  --> S   GET ...
                  Authorization: NTLM <base64-encoded type-1-message>

How should I call to ntlm_auth ? And what then ? I just novice in this
area , so I am little confused  :-[ ...

Thanks in advance ,Arkady

    NTLM Handshake

When a client needs to authenticate itself to a proxy or server using
the NTLM scheme then the following 4-way handshake takes place (only
parts of the request and status line and the relevant headers are shown
here; "C" is the client, "S" the server):

    1: C  --> S   GET ...

    2: C <--  S   401 Unauthorized
                  WWW-Authenticate: NTLM

    *3:* C  --> S   GET ...
                  Authorization: NTLM <base64-encoded type-1-message>

    4: C <--  S   401 Unauthorized
                  WWW-Authenticate: NTLM <base64-encoded type-2-message>

    5: C  --> S   GET ...
                  Authorization: NTLM <base64-encoded type-3-message>

    6: C <--  S   200 Ok