[Samba] Join W7 pro to samba PDC

Guenole Michel gmichel at estar-system.com
Wed Jun 30 07:23:54 MDT 2010

Hello everyone,

system:
Debian squeeze
samba 3.4.8

I make a samba PDC like one exist in lenny on my network
XP PRO an W2K pro can join to the domain machine and users and users can
log in the domain.

With W7 PRO, after changing registry key :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters]
“DomainCompatibilityMode”=dword:00000001
“DNSNameResolutionRequired”=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters]
“RequireSignOrSeal”=dword:00000000
“RequireStrongKey”=dword:00000000

and modifies security policies :
gpedit.msc
Windows prameters / security parameters / locales policies / security
options :
Secutity network : Sen LM and NTLM - Use NTLM2 security session if
negociated

Join the pc to the domain WORKS whith a DNS error.
But when i want to join the user to the domain ( screen : choice of the
type of account)
Standard account and i have Can't add the user, trust relation error

if annyone had an idea ........... thanks

--
Guénolé Michel
Estar
Email : gmichel at estar-system.com