[Samba] Does anybody use idmap_adex?

Gerald Carter jerry at plainjoe.org
Mon Jun 28 08:55:12 MDT 2010

On 06/28/2010 09:42 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> $SUBJECT says it all. Why am I asking? A few times in the
> recent past I've stumbled across this module when trying to
> make changes in the winbind infrastructure that would
> involve changes to idmap_adex.
>
> The problem here is that I have no chance to test those
> changes, because I do not have the test setup including a
> Likewise Cell infrastructure around.
>
> Is anybody around using this module and willing to run tests
> against Likewise Cell infrastructure after changes have been
> done?

Volker,

There's some confusion here.  The idmap_adex() doesn't have
anything to do with Likewise Cells.  It's just an rfc2307
idmap module with support for domain trusts.  The comments
in the code are misleading only because it was derived from
my original code at Likewise.

That said, if no one is using it, my suggestion is to remove
it on the basis that it is currently unmaintained.

cheers, jerry
--
Director of Engineering                      http://www.likewise.com/