[Samba] smbd errors failures and warnings in logs

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Mon Jun 28 02:12:08 MDT 2010

On 22-06-10 14:54, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> I configured a running samba server that seems to work, except that
> the logs are full with failures, errors and warnings. They seem to be
> related to winbindd idmap and smbd endpoints.

I did some testing and purged winbindd from the system I thought it was
needed for my setup with "net sam provision" but it seems not needed for
normal runtime.

However I still get a lot of smbd warnings and errors. Could somebody
help me explaining these errors and possibly make suggestions how to fix
the issues causing them.

See the attached file for my configuration errors and samba version.

Thanks in advance,

With kind regards,

Jelle de Jong