[Samba] migration of PDC tdbsam backend to BDC - failed to fetch domain database

Hubert Choma hubert.ch at wp.pl
Mon Jun 28 01:37:16 MDT 2010

Samba PDC Version 3.0.28a-1.fc7
Samba on BDC 3.0.33-3.28.el5

What means an error ?
Fetching DOMAIN database
FAILED to fetch domain database: NT code 0x1c010002

I thought that if samba is NT4 domain "emulator" tools of migration are
the same .
So what are the methods of tdbsam migration ?
Am I only copy smb.conf and all .tdb files from /var/lib/samba/private
or whole /var/lib/samba/ ??

I don't want to re-adding again windows clients to domain.

If I copy .tdb files (passdb.tdb, schannel_store.tdb, secrets.tdb
smbpasswd)from /var/lib/samba/private domain sid will not change ?

In official how-to there is no information how to migrate samba from samba
serwer to new samba serwer, (only nt4 domain to samba).
Where can I find information about it ??

Please help