[Samba] xp clients can't auth after reboot without smb restart

delpheye delpheye at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 14:58:19 MDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:04 PM, <tms3 at tms3.com> wrote:

> [...]

nbtstat -n:

Local Area Connection:
Node IPAddress: [10.0.2.15] Scope Id: []

NetBIOS Local Name Table

Name                            Type          Status
JUPITER-VM      <00>    UNIQUE    Registered
JUPITER-VM      <20>    UNIQUE    Registered
DOMAIN.COM   <00>    GROUP     Registered

nbtstat -r:

nbtstat -r

 NetBIOS Names Resolution and Registration Statistics

 Resolved By Broadcast     = 66
 Resolved By Name Server   = 0

 Registered By Broadcast   = 3
 Registered By Name Server = 0

 NetBIOS Names Resolved By Broadcast
        DOMAIN.COM  <1C>
        DOMAIN-FS
        DOMAIN.COM  <1C>
        DOMAIN.COM  <1C>
        DOMAIN-FS
        DOMAIN.COM  <1C>

nbtstat -RR:

The NetBIOS names registered by this computer have been refreshed.

net use y: \\domain-fs\business
Enter the user name for 'domain-fs': username
Enter the password for domain-fs: xxxxxx
System error 64 has occurred.

The specified network name is no longer available.