[Samba] Fw: WINS server DMB and LMBs not communicating across subnet toupdate browse lists?

The Paco the_pacoman at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 13:16:44 MDT 2010

Remote Browse Sync doesn't work on windows XP home machines, according to a lot I've read it only works on another Samba server.

Remote Announce works just fine, but the machines on the remote subnet simply broadcast their responding announcements rather than sending them to the server.
Just to make sure, I enabled and configured them both, the Samba server is still getting no return traffic save the occasional name resolution request. Local machines are unable to browse by smb name to the remote network.