[Samba] samba migration to another llinux distro

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 08:05:34 MDT 2010

If you are moving the RAID controller with the disks then it should be
OK.     And in that case using RAID5 should be OK for /boot.

You can also, with the 3ware, configure all the disks in a single RAID5
(or maybe RAID5+1 or RAID6), and then use 3ware to create two separate
LUN's (logical drives) so that the OS see's two separate scsi drives.
This could let you allocate more disk space for your data "drive."

The latest samba rpm update  for RHEL5.x  is ver 3.0.33.        It
should be similar for CentOS.

Re changes between versions-  you will need to read through the release
notes for the various versions.

I do not think ext4 is available on Centos.