[Samba] Peculiar Samba permission denied error

Benjamin Allen ballen at jeffcolib.org
Tue Jun 15 11:18:15 MDT 2010

Solved!

The magic command was chmod 755 "/dev/mapper/nhvg"

I wouldn't have thought the permissions on the volume group itself would
cause that error, but it seems so. When I mounted /home to the Volume Group,
the error recurred. Usually I have no problem with the permissions on
devices.

Thank you all for your time!

Ben