[Samba] How shall I fix the multiple uidNumbers

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 15:44:29 MDT 2010

Does smbldap-populate create an samba account for all users in /etc/passwd?
I can't see why it would need a root account.  But I have never used
smbldap-populate  (I mostly used custom scripts to migrate data.)    I would
delete the root entry in ldap to see what happens.    Just be prepared to
restore it quickly if it breaks something.

I am guessing that it didn't create a group with gid 0.  I would expect that
warning to go away once you delete the samba/ldap root account.

Is this samba 3.x or 4.x?