[Samba] Can only see files one level deep

zoolook nbensa at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 01:36:26 MDT 2010

2010/6/4 DNK <d.k.emaillists at gmail.com>:
> Just bumping this one back onto the radar. I still have not been able to fix the issue.

Hello,

I got a Macbook Pro last week so I was able to test your smb.conf in a
VM running centos 5.5.

It turned out that I have to disable iptables and selinux
(system-config-securitylevel-tui) to make samba run on centos. I'm a
debian/ubuntu guy and sure there's a better way; anyway, for testing,
disabling is ok.

After that, your smb.conf run flawless here; except for this line in [myshare]:

    users = @ myshare

I really hope that space between "@" and "myshare" is a typo in your
email and not in your actual smb.conf.

I'll keep the VM for a few days, just in case you want me to run some
more tests.

Best regards,
Norberto