[Samba] Samba4 join existing domain

George Lazar lazar.george at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 07:10:42 MDT 2010

Hi,

I've got a similar issue when I'm trying to add Samba 4 alpha12 (latest git)
as BDC.
PDC is another Samba4alpha12 running well but when I'm trying to add a BDC:

###
./bin/net vampire my.domain -Uadministrator --realm=my.domain -d10:

tevent: Destroying timer event 0x24fa0c0 "ldap_request_timeout"
tevent: Added timed event "composite_trigger": 0x24f06f0
tevent: Destroying timer event 0x24f06f0 "composite_trigger"
libnet_BecomeDC() failed - NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER_MIX
Vampire of domain failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER_MIX
####

krb5.conf:
[libdefaults]
    default_realm = MY.DOMAIN
    dns_lookup_realm = true
    dns_lookup_kdc = true

I have followed excatly the tutorial:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC

kinit administrator is working and not time issues between the servers.

Please advise,
Thanks