[Samba] how to "Disable Samba Roaming profile"

David Harrison david.harrison at stress-free.co.nz
Thu Jun 10 23:57:31 MDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Muqtadir Kamal <smkamal2001 at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hey all, please let's me know how to "Disable Samba Roaming profile" In
> OpenLDAP+SAMBA SERVER  Regards
> Kamal <https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba>

To disable roaming profiles set the 'logon path' parameter in your smb.conf
to nothing.
e.g.
[global]
logon path =
logon home =

('logon home' is the legacy Win9x/NT equivalent)

If you have Windows computers with roaming profiles installed you'll need to
convert them to be local, or the next time users login they may have their
profile reset. On each desktop with roaming profiles:
- Right click on My Computer and select Properties.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the User Profiles section press the Settings
button.
- Select the appropriate roaming profile, press the Change Type button and
select local.

David