[Samba] Samba/LDAP and home dir creation

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Jun 9 13:16:40 MDT 2010

Hi, all.

I'm working on a project to create a Samba PDC
with LDAP authentication.  I've been pretty
successful in getting everything to work.
However, I've run into a small snag:

The PDC is built on an OpenSuse 11.2 box.  Most of
the member servers are also OpenSuse 11.2 boxes.
However, a CentOS 5.5 server was just added to
the mix.  While users can lo into the CentOS box,
with LDAP providing the creds, no home directory
is automagically created as in the OpenSuse
boxes.  I'd like to fix that, with your help.

I've used authconfig-tui on the CentOS box to
enable "Use LDAP" and "Use LDAP Authentication"
(the equivalent of YAST's LDAP Client config
tool?).  I believe my smb.conf and ldap.conf
files are correct (I'll provide them if you all
need to see them).  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.