[Samba] GPFS, samba, robocopy and timestamps

big beer bigbeerjr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 10:21:05 MDT 2010

Hi list,

I'm trying to use robocopy to move some files over to a samba share
backed by GPFS. I keep getting "ERROR 50 (0x00000032) Time-stamping
destination file ... The network request is not supported."

What is strange is that the files are still coped over, even though
robocopy believes the copy failed, and in the smb log I don't have any
errors or erroneous NT_STATS messages. From all indications on the
server it looks like the copy was good.

Any ideas? Anyone know if GPFS doesn't support the correct precision
of timestamps that samba is trying to apply?

Thanks!